Although the settlement process can vary from state to state, here are some common items that may be required at closing to help the process go as smoothly and quickly as possible.
• VALID PHOTO IDENTIFICATION
One form of identification is required at closing, valid photo identifications include:
– Current U.S. Driver’s License or non-driver I.D.
– Current U.S. or Foreign Passport (Foreign Passport must have been stamped by U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service)
• CASHIER’S CHECK OR WIRE TRANSFER
In the event you are required to bring funds to closing, we cannot accept personal checks or cash. Bring a cashier’s check or if you prefer to wire your funds, contact us for bank routing instructions. If you will be bringing a proceeds check from another settlement, contact us to verify the acceptance of those funds – we do not automatically accept all checks.
• HAZARD INSURANCE POLICY & PAID RECEIPT
A hazard policy, also known as homeowner’s insurance, with the Lender designated as the insured holder of the mortgage, is required on most loans. Evidence of hazard insurance must be provided at closing.
• IF POSSIBLE, ALL PARTIES WHO HOLD TITLE TO THE PROPERTY SHOULD ATTEND THE CLOSING
State-specific laws may require the spouse of the parties in title, even though their name does not appear on the deed, to sign certain documents when obtaining a mortgage. If anyone is unable to attend closing, contact us to arrange a Power of Attorney or closing by mail.